This is ME

The incomplete thoughts and ideas of Laura. This is what goes on inside my head day in and day out. You gotta love it. I do!

Sunday, May 15

PUBLISHING...

A poem of mine is going to be featured in the book 'A Celebration of Young Poets'. Here's the poem and what it means to me:


A Yearning Soul

Deep inside my hollowed heart
Beneath the walls I've tried to build
There is a soul that is pure
A soul that is real and alive
It yearns to grow and to learn and to reach the farthest corners of the Earth
With every little beat of my pulse
My soul pines to be fed, to be challenged
With all that hurts and demeans on this Earth
You would think that my soul would grow dark and weary
But no
For deep inside my hollowed heart there is a Light like no other
A like that comes from You and You alone
Thank you for always being my encouragement
When that paths darken and I begin to stumble
Deep inside my hollowed heart
Beneath the walls I've tried to build
There is a soul that yearns, lives and breathes
For You, for You


I wouldn't say that I am religious person but I am definitely spiritual and I definitely believe in God. This poem is referring to the struggles in my life. I have experienced many unpretty things and I have questioned the existence of God and whether or not He even cared about me. However, I realize that without His love for me I would not be able to get through those things. I don't see bad things that happen in my life as bad, rather I see them as opportunities to better understand others. I also see the bad things as ways to grow and learn... and to renew hope.

0 Say What?!:

Post a Comment

<< Home