This is ME

The incomplete thoughts and ideas of Laura. This is what goes on inside my head day in and day out. You gotta love it. I do!

Saturday, June 25

Well at lot has gone on in my life in the past little while...

I won the Captain Alex Blake Memorial Award through the Firefighters Burn Fund. The criteria was: active community and school involvement and participation in fire safety, burn prevention and awareness in the school or community. Oh and you had to be a burn survivor.

Today I got my first 'cause' band (yes I believe I posted on Strider's blog and said I don't wear one, but things change). The band is red and it's for the Heart and Stroke Foundation. This morning (after work I might add) I participated in the Big Bike for Stroke with the Langley Hearts in Motion Walking group. It was an experience! The Hearts in Motion group is a seniors group that walks and volunteers in the community. They raised a lot of money for stroke! One man raising over $2500!!!!!! We rode on a bike for 30 around downtown Langley. It was a riot and an honour for me to be involved.

As always I am very inspired to get more involved.

Today I also had an eye opening experience. A past friend of mine and I talked about our now non existent friendship. We had a falling out of sorts. We both said things that were hurtful and, since we both our stubborn, have let it really get to us. I miss my friend but today our friendship officially came to an end. Out of anger, resentment, shame or truth I do not know, he basically said that I was stuck up and that I thought I was better than others. Its hard to hear someone say those things, especially someone who was once a good friend. I know in my heart that that is not true and if others truly have perceived me like that I'm sorry because that's not how I want to appear. Yes I am different than other people and yes I like that I am my own person but everything I do that is 'different' is not because I just want to stand out and be different/ better. I do everything in my life because that's how I am. It makes me, me. I love wearing crazy clothes and helping people and I love my eyebrow piercing because my family hates it and I like staying home sometimes on the weekends so I will say no to hanging out and I don't like to spend all my time at big drunken parties but that doesn't mean I don't like to spend my time with the people there and yes I don't talk to everyone all the time and yes if someone offends me or hurts me I won't be super nice to them but then again I won't be mean and yes I am honest and truthful all the time when a lot of the time I shouldn't be and yes I don't like or want to be friends with everyone on this planet and I love being me. To the person who is no longer my friend, you know who you are, thank you for what you said today even if it hurt because it made me think about who I am and whether or not I was happy with who I was. Thank you for everything, you were a great friend.

0 Say What?!:

Post a Comment

<< Home