This is ME

The incomplete thoughts and ideas of Laura. This is what goes on inside my head day in and day out. You gotta love it. I do!

Wednesday, June 8

I've been tagged.... super ;)

I got tagged by Striderhttp://sounddestruction.blogspot.com/ so now its my turn to tag and answer questions. If you came here after because I tagged you please post the answers to these questions and tag five other people. Here are my answers:

1. Number of books I own: Wow, I actually had to do work for this question, lets see...... 63. This is all I could easily see and count, I'm sorry but I'm just too tired to go searching around the house for more.

2. Last book you bought: Well I bought 3 in one day: (1) "Pretty Girl in Crimson Rose" A memoir of love, exile and crosswords- by Sandy Balfour (2) " Missing Sarah" A Vancouver women remembers her vanished sister - by Maggie de Vries (3) "No Uncertain Terms" On Language - by William Safire. As you can probably tell I read a lot of non- fiction. Actually that's all I read.

3. Last book I read: "More, Now, Again" A book about addiction. I'm currently reading "Revenge" about, you guessed it, revenge. I love books. I think I'm actually in the middle of a few. I also have Stephen King's "On Writing" started. And I'm forever in the middle of Promiscuities, my favourite book. I read and re-read it perpetually.

4. Five books that have meant a lot to me:
1. Promiscuities by Naomi Wolf. I loved this book so much because it reminds girls/ women to be proud of themselves in all aspects of live, including sexual experience. It is written using real experiences, both good and bad, of real women.

2. 1984 by George Orwell. Even though I was forced to read this book by my English teacher I fell in love with it. I really admire the way Orwell uses fiction to express and help us understand the facts of a true event.

3. The Bible. "Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength." (By the way there is no order to this I'm just going by the order in which I the books are lined on the shelf.)

4. Manolo Blahnik Drawings. If you know me you know I am obsessed with shoes and fashion. Enough said.

5. Pink Think - by Lynn Peril. A hilariously entertaining book that breaks down all the lies women were once told about becoming the 'ideal women'.

Enjoy.

10 Say What?!:

Post a Comment

<< Home