This is ME

The incomplete thoughts and ideas of Laura. This is what goes on inside my head day in and day out. You gotta love it. I do!

Wednesday, December 15

It's funny that I've always had the preference: "not in highschool" when it came to potential dates/boyfriends. After a recent conversation with a friend I realized, though I've probably known all along, that just because boys are out of highschool doesn't mean that they any more mature! And I'm not saying that there aren't mature boys in highschool, it's just that they are hard to find. Actually, mature single boys are hard to find anywhere! Of course there are millions of guys out there who are fabulous friends but I have found it hard to find the dateable ones.

Do we hold on to past relationships in order to try to mold them into what we want, or hoping that someday they will work? Or maybe we just want a 'safety'... Today I realized that as hard as it is going to be I need to cut someone out of my life- cold turkey. That past three years we've successfully added loads of stress and complication to each others lives because we like to believe that one day it might work out. The circumstances aren't right for us and end up making the feelings fade. It has gone from extreme passion and attraction to no real attraction at all and a deteriorating friendship because the way we met, how busy our lives are, our social lives and personality have all complicated it.

Do people sometimes settle for something that isn't right just because it works? Is there just one perfect person out there for us or are there multiple perfect people out there who are meant for certain periods of our life and whose perfectness expires past it's due date?

1 Say What?!:

  • At 4:41 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A friend in need is a friend indeed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home