This is ME

The incomplete thoughts and ideas of Laura. This is what goes on inside my head day in and day out. You gotta love it. I do!

Wednesday, January 14

Over the past years I've learned that parents don't know everything but over the past little while I've learned that mine, at least, can be completely wrong. I don't know why parents think that they are so much better than their kids. I mean, yes they deserve respect and I do respect mine but I don't think that they are better than me. And unfortunately I doubt their intelligence sometimes. I just wonder what goes through a parents head to make them oppose and shut down the actually-incredibly-good-and-wonderful plans/ideas of their child. Please, if I ever get that way slap me, I'm serious. This is my ode to a day gone wrong. One filled with my mom being disappointed in my grades even though I work my but off and they are above average and my parents giving me the responsibilities of an adult but not treating me like one or giving me adequate respect. This is also the ode to the day when I realized that my mom is truly not perfect and part of me truly cannot stand to be in this house without being filled with depression. Please Lord give me strength, for I fear that mine is turning into anger and frustration.

0 Say What?!:

Post a Comment

<< Home