This is ME

The incomplete thoughts and ideas of Laura. This is what goes on inside my head day in and day out. You gotta love it. I do!

Monday, January 12

"You are beautiful no matter what they say/words can't bring you down..",I don't know why but everytime I listen to these types of songs I feel alive. Could it be the girl-power (minus the spice get up) that is pumped into every word and beat? Or is it just the tone of the music? "I'm a real wild one and like wild fun/ in a world gone crazy every thing seems hazy". Maybe it's the fact that the lyrics seems out of control, something I can really relate to. Or, could it be that when I listen to this I really want to dance and I don't care who's watching. I don't know what it is but there's something about music that when it's good it's very good and it just courses through your body with no remorse. But then again, there is other music that makes me feel happy and energized "Yesterday, today and forever you are the same/ you never change." The hope in these lyrics washes away everything else. Or maybe it's the power in these other lyrics that is showed to me, not in myself but in him, "a warrior instead of a child / a sword of deliverance in Your hand." Whatever it is, whether it be crazy punk/metal or a little hip hop, all music stirs something within me. Something that isn't stirred by anything else. Maybe it's just be, but I think that all music serves a purpose divine or otherwise. Maybe it's not the music itself that I love so much, maybe it's what the music has taught me. Believing in myself and having hope and joy is what truly brightens my soul. Music just does something for me. What does it do for you?

0 Say What?!:

Post a Comment

<< Home