This is ME

The incomplete thoughts and ideas of Laura. This is what goes on inside my head day in and day out. You gotta love it. I do!

Wednesday, January 21

With little sleep from last night and another sleepless night ahead of me I contemplate dreams (both good and bad). I've heard many different theories about dreams so I will share a few: 1.) Dreams are just your body's abstract way of processing the day 2.) Dreams are your body's way of dealing with feeling 3.) Dreams are just dreams and we don't know why we have the ones we do. Personally my dreams are a mixture of these three theories. Sometimes my dreams are completely random, other times they reflect my day and then other times they are my soul's way of dealing with things. I suppose I prefer the dreams that are random or that reflect my day because if I am trying to suppress a feeling, then why would I ever want to deal with it in a dream when I have no control. Lately my dreams have been ones that deal with feelings and with them come sleepless nights when I try to analyze the images that float in my subconscious. Sometimes, well a lot, I just wish for blank sleep, a time where dreams do not run wild. It's not that all my dreams are horrible nightmares, it's just the fact that I always yearn to know what they mean and what I should learn from them. Last night, a night that was only blessed with 1 hour of sleep, I learned something valuable- sleep is so valuable- I don't think I want to take it for granted ever again (even though you and I both know that I will sometime soon).

0 Say What?!:

Post a Comment

<< Home